Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome!

 Welcome to Dunkirk-Fredonia Suzuki Piano's site! I have created this hoping to reach out to not only my students and their parents, but any Suzuki parent with a question. If you would like to know more about this unique method of learning music please visit: http://suzukiassociation.org/teachers/twinkler/ to read more about it.

 I am Sandra Leary, and have been teaching the Suzuki method since 2006. I earned my certification in books 1, 2 and 3 through Mrs. Linda Gillette and Mrs. Rita Hauck. I also graduated from Fredonia State in 2007 with a Bachelor's in Music in Piano Performance and Pedagogy. My husband, two dogs and I currently live in Dunkirk, NY, where I am developing a piano studio as well as accompanying college students at Fredonia State. My true passion is working with young children so that they develop a love for music as well as a strong ear - just one of the many important things for a musician to have!


On this site I will address things such as:
 - what are the differences between a traditional method and the Suzuki method?
 - how do I get started?
 - what do I do when my child doesn't want to practice?
 - the importance of listening,
 - how to be involved as a parent.

 If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment